Northern NSW Football will be hosting NSW Office of Sport to conduct a Child Safe Sport Workshop in Speers Point.
Sport and recreation clubs have a responsibility to protect children from harm and abuse.
The Child Safe Sport workshop helps to create awareness on how clubs can create safer environments for children and young people.
Developed using materials from the Office of the Children’s Guardian the Child Safe Sport Workshop is designed for club committees, administrators and volunteers, the workshop will cover:
· Practical ways clubs can be more child safe
· Child safety policy, procedures and recruitment
· Creating a child safe culture
· Why listening to and involving children is important
· The Working with Children Check
· Link to useful resources, templates and tools.
- Starts: 09/04/2019 – 6:00pm
- Ends: 09/04/2019 – 9:00pm
Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility
13 Park Rd SPEERS POINT NSW 2284
Places are still available.